Access to Justice - Workshops for indivduals and Service Users
The workshops aim to improve the legal awareness of participants, to give them a basic understanding and to help them to feel more confident about what their rights are and how they can protect them.
We can come to organisations across Tyne and Wear to run these workshops for your service users if you can provide the space and refreshments. If you would like us to provide a venue, we can do so for a small charge.
The workshops each run for 1 hour, or we can run 3 in combination in a half day session.
Basic Human Rights
- What Rights are protected?
- Who should we talk to if we think are Human Rights are not being met?
- How can we make sure our Human Rights are respected?
The Equality Act
- What is the Equality Act?
- How can it protect us from discrimination?
- Where can we get help?
Introduction to our Laws and Courts
- Differences between civil and criminal law
- Courts in England and Wales
Please conrtact Julie if you would like to invite us to deliver these session to your service users.
Do you have an idea for a session you would like to see? Please email Julie to let her know.